Just finished Strava’s Classic Challenge from Specialized. I climbed a total of 105,467 feet in about a month and a half. That’s like climbing Mt. Everest thrice! I must say, I’m pretty proud of myself :)
Earlier this morning:
- 73 miles with 7.3k feet of climbing
- The last climb was at Mt. Baldy’s Ski Lifts. It was a total b*tch: 17%+ GRADE!!!!!!
- Was out of the top 20 in Strava’s L’Etape Challenge GMR. Currently ranking 27/188. But was happy i bested my time yet again.
- Weather was a warm high 70s when we descended. Definitely a great day in the saddle!
A pretty cool Strava commercial for all you data-obsessed geeks out there!
Today’s morning ride was Epic! My legs feel good and I was pedaling up along a good pace. I really like riding up the front portion of Glendora Mountain Road. It feels easier than going up Glendora Ridge Road. It’s steep but it’s not killer. Speaking of which Strava has a GMR Challenge going on, so if you ride in the area, you should sign up for the challenge! Unfortunately my Garmin has been having issues like auto-pausing while I’m moving. So annoying! That really messed up my stats as seen above. I might climb up again sometime next week. Hopefully this time my Garmin records my data.
What’s all this climbing training for? I do love climbing by itself — the suffering up, and the coasting down. I feel stronger every time I finish a climbing ride. But the reason I’m putting in more climbing miles is for the Tour de Foothills, which happens in the fall. I feel that if I train hard early, it’s going to be a piece of cake come November. I have signed up early and you should too! It’s going to be so much fun!
Photos by Dean C.
- Friday ride with the usual suspects, plan was to go up Monrovia, have coffee and back.
- Weather was so nice, 70F!
- Total mileage came up to 67. Not bad.
- I am loving my new Garmin Edge 500! Also, I’m on Strava, add me up if you’re into that thing.
- Enjoy the weekend and hope you guys go out on a good ride yourselves!